MBA, Business and Marketing, 1990 – 1992
BID, Industrial Design and Fine Arts, 1982 – 1988
Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA)
Piedmont Craftsman Guild – Member, Board of Directors
Experienced Senior Global Marketing Manager
Marketing leader with extensive experience in product marketing, marketing communications, campaigns and brand management. This includes developing effective integrated, customer-centric messaging, programs and campaigns that support sales growth across the technology space. Looking for a Product Marketing or Campaign Management position that leverages my experience and knowledge while offering opportunities to grow.
Expertise and Skills
- Product Marketing
- Brand and Marketing Communications
- Messaging and Positioning
- Thought Leadership
- Digital Marketing
- Marketing Automation
- Data Driven Decisions
- Marketing analytics and KPI’s
- Integrated Campaigns
- Sales Enablement
- Go-to-market planning
- Product Launch
- Campaign Management
- Content Creation
- Corporate Communications
- Technical Translation
- Strategic Thinking
Marketing Campaign Manager – Tempered Networks – March – September 2017
Challenged with implementing and managing first automated marketing programs for groundbreaking network security start-up company. This involved:
- Installation and integration of marketing automation platform with internal systems including Salesforce, web and social media activities
- Documentation of processes for creating target customer lists based on metrics and activities
- Development of strategic brand campaigns aligned to business and sales processes
- Definition of metrics to measure customer engagement.
In addition, I managed social media, content development and wrote numerous executive blog posts.
Note: 60-Day Contract Position – Extended.
Co-Owner – Marketing Lead – Lisa Stewart Designs – December 2012 – January 2017
As Marketing Lead, my role has been to:
- Guide customer-focused brand messaging and positioning to appeal to affluent buyers
- Identify key customer insights that drive programs and campaigns aimed at core audience
- Integrate marketing, sales and customer service experience for core customers
- Grew business by double digit year-over-year for three years
- Launched multiple new products and designs based on customer feedback and insights
Manager, Marketing and Communications – Siemens Healthcare – March 2010 – November 2012
Singularly managed the development and execution of customer-centric B2B marketing and sales enablement programs supporting the $2B Siemens Healthcare, USA, Service organization.
- Supported nine product managers, the senior leadership and field sales teams.
- Managed integrated product launch programs, sales enablement, lead nurturing, web analytics, and tactical campaigns in collaboration with product management
- Developed core messaging, positioning and customer stories for new product launches
- Achieved full Return on Investment ($300K) of Value Beyond Cost campaign within three months of launch
Director, B2B Marketing Programs and Communications – Nortel Networks – March 2008 – Dec. 2009
Reporting to the Vice President of Enterprise Marketing, I managed the global product marketing and communications strategy and execution, sales enablement programs and competitive analysis supporting the Nortel Global Services business unit and Nortel Healthcare Services unit.
- Developed highly effective product marketing programs to promote and position Nortel services and solutions to targeted B2B customers and select vertical markets
- Executed a high impact, integrated, top-down product marketing that supported 3 strategic product launches in the healthcare vertical
- Grew Nortel Healthcare Services revenue over 100% year-on-year and increased total opportunities in the sales funnel by over 150%
Previous role – Marketing Campaign Manager: North America – Developed and managed innovative regional B2B brand campaigns in support of all data networking and telecommunications products.
- Achieved a 40+% growth in the sales funnel in less than 6 months, with the integrated Energy Efficiency campaign
Marketing and Communications Manager – SAS Institute – July 2003 – March 2008
Working with senior executives, including the CMO, VP of HR and others, I developed and managed a variety of different projects focused on messaging and positioning for internal and external audiences
- Developed core positioning and messaging for the introduction of the new, integrated SAS9 suite of analytics tools. Translating “SAS Speak” in to customer friendly language
- Leveraged comprehensive internal and external research to develop internal brand programs designed to create a common frame of reference for the global employee population.
- Created a brand framework that delivered global message consistency at all customer touch points
Vice President of Marketing – Zoom Culture – April 2001 – September 2001
Director of Marketing Communications – Home Director(IBM Spin-off) – January 2000 – April 2001
Worldwide Marketing Manager – IBM – March 1996 – December 1999
Marketing and Communications Manager – Duff-Norton – October 1993 – March 1996
Global Brand Packaging and Promotions Manager – Coca-Cola – April 1992 – October 1993
- Emory University – MBA, Business and Marketing
- Syracuse University – BID, Industrial Design and Fine Arts
- Piedmont Craftsman Guild – Member Board of Trustees
- Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA)
Awards and Recognition
- Nortel Networks Gold Award for Excellence: Nortel Energy Efficiency Campaign
- IBM: Recognized for contributions to the business:
- IBM Aptiva S-Series Global Launch
- IBM Home Director Launch and Spin-off
- Syracuse University
- Deans Award for Design
- Floyd F. Decker Award for Service